Friday, December 09, 2005

insectbrainpressedanagainst

Interesting, the way the human mind (after an emotional blow) redoubles its efforts to live and to learn. Interesting, the strength of the urge I have to change externally...oh, chameleon-face's returned.

Interesting, a thousand different things I've been thinking about recently.

This weekend I procured for myself a massive collection of new music (because the Internet connection at my house is so lovely and fast I could cry) -- including Deerhoof, The Decemberists, Portishead, Mogwai, The Arcade Fire, Iron and Wine, Itzhak Perlman, Guided By Voices, Wintersleep, The Magentic Fields, Godspeed You Black Emperor, and The Beta Band. Of course, I couldn't waste an idle minute...so I also got a bunch more stuff by The Cure, Depeche Mode, Switchblade Symphony, Lycia, Coal Chamber, Siouxsie and the Banshees, and -- oh lord -- a trillion more songs not classifiable by artist. It's been a perfectly wonderful weekend, as far as getting interesting material with which to treat my ears.

Right now I've given in to the beautifully campy side in me -- I'm listening to Rob Zombie's "Sinister Urge," a CD that I haven't savored in a long, long time. I'd almost forgotten how flawlessly the man manages to blend B-movie horror stuff and silly thematics. Lord, how boring the world would be without people like Zombie...

As an aside, I dyed my hair. Darker. I love it.

It snowed yesterday afternoon. The sky was steel-grey, the world was muted, and the entire scenescape looked like it was encapsuled in a white fog. Everything was quiet, and the trees thrust up branches like black skeleton fingers; I walked through it, thought through it, marveled at the silent, ghostly beauty...

And now, after a five-hour break from this entry...I feel the need to lash out at something. At someone. You know what? I matter, too. More so than what's been given me thus far. I mattermattermatter -- maybe. Oh, I'm making myself sick...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

New music, snow and a pretty hair color.

Most cool

Matt

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tisk tisk at a band for taking the name of an obscure Japanese movie
http://www.mandiapple.com/snowblood/godspeed.htm

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^^^^^
That was me
~Brett

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home