Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Kiss


"No, my friend, darkness is not everywhere -- for here and there I find faces illuminated from within; paper lanterns among the dark trees."

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity.

"God made everything out of nothing, but the nothingness shows through."

Here's the thing: I didn't fall down.

"The body is a house of many windows: there we all sit, showing ourselves and crying on the passersby to come and love us."

I'm getting better. Long-suppressed silly smile: love me?

I've found something I lost. It's wonderful to know that I adore sun-fingers on my shoulders and the smell of flowers too much to breathe in at the bottom of the puddle. I missed laughing. I missed being silly. I missed Charon by a day or two, but he faxed me: I was too early, he said. I've got a long while, he said.

Not a problem. When it's time to board that boat, I'm bringing a margarita and a parasol. And maybe a pineapple-print blouse.

Love of two is one. Laaa-la-la-laa-la.

I wish I could get over my writer's block. Cheshire grin: if my muse happened to come and sweep me off my feet, I'm sure inspiration would strike. It's what muses are for, isn't it?

I want to go swimming. And get sunburned. And be completely devoid of manners.

I'm getting better.

"More I..."

"There's nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, perpetually wearing their 'discomfort' like a favorite shirt."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you...in a dress?

got to think about that one.

matt

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She seems dressed in all the rings... of past fatalities

I am glad you are feeling better.

Under the sun? Under the sun..

- a saintly dark figure

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home