Monday, August 01, 2005

"Rip out the wings of a butterfly..."

I sincerely hope no one caught that last post. Or the other two before it. Cousins in crime, they were...disgustingly weak and foully-written. I've since recovered from the despair. Rejoice.

With shifty eyes, I must admit that I'm watching the new video that's leaked from the newest HIM album...for the fifteenth time. It's absolutely amazing...deliciously beautiful. Lovely only as are those things created by that incredible band. "Rip Out the Wings of a Butterfly" has left me speechless. If this song is any indication of what's on the rest of the album, "Dark Light" will not disappoint. Rather than follow in the footsteps of "Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights," this brilliant piece of music sounds like something off of "Love Metal." Hallelujah. Allow to me wallow in the throes of pure, unadulterated bliss. I cannot begin to describe how happy this makes me. While DSaBH was a turning point in the band's general 'sound,' it wasn't exactly a turning point I enjoyed. I'm a fan of their older work, of "Razorblade Romance" and "Love Metal," to be completely honest...and ROtWoaB seems like it would fit in quite nicely with those two albums.

God, I'm thrilled to be listening to this. To be watching this. Thrilled!

The video? It's amazing. Although Ville chopped off his long, glorious locks (he gave himself a haircut, to the horror of many...), he still manages to retain his achingly beautiful aura. Oh, he's so fabulously dark and perfect. The video is fabulously dark and perfect. It's so haunting and marvelous and HIM-esque and gloomy and artistic and amazing. I've used that word so many times already...but it is. It's so amazing. I'm drowning in this sea of glee.

(Now, again for the sixteenth time...)

In others news, I was completely intoxicated last night...and I adored it. Inhibitions flew out the window, and I made friends -- though I'm sure most of us will be too shy to admit to anything while sober -- and I didn't get sick, and I was completely naughty...everywhere. It was very, very fun. Very freeing. Aside from the fact that I lost my Jack scarf (and I WILL find it again, or someone's going to die...), the night was wonderful. Oh, so wonderful...

And again, I'm going to watch this video. I know you want it, Mister. You'd better find me...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*does funny monky dance to rejoyes the over comeing of despair*

Matt

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home