Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Essex


"But they're all love songs when I'm with you..."

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity.

I am now gripped by feelings exuding something akin to precious, precious comfort. Precious warmth, precious safety, precious I-am-adored. I am not afraid of being judged. I am not afraid of picking at the scabs of wounds long healed but incorrectly patched. The sighs keep issuing from this throat, my eyelids like fish scales continue to glitter and snap. Serpentine the way music continues to slide through me, across me, into me...serpentine the way these fingers slither up and down.

Dark, secret love. Set me as a seal.

For a moment the world turned its back. I smell the acrid stench of burning things. Up the street, a house is on fire and massive red trucks attempt to quell the hunger of the hot-and-hissing. I'm tired. Worn out. Wishing I could bury myself under fifteen pounds of cotton comforter and sleep through the week. With you. Gone with the sin, my darling...and beautiful you are. I'm hurting again -- why and how and I don't want to. "Swimming through the ashes of another life..."

You know? You know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I send this smile over to you..

- samael

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home