Monday, May 16, 2005

Fifth symphony, first movement...

Listening to: "Sally's Song" by London After Midnight
Reading: Kurt Vonnegut's "Slaughterhouse-Five"
Feeling like: I should be doing something more productive...


My mom finally got her sheet music for Beethoven's 'Fifth Symphony.' Oh, how I love it. And 'Fur Elise,' of course...she played that once when I was a little girl (before we got rid of the first piano) -- it was midnight, and I woke up to that haunting melody as it floated across the darkness along with the moonlight. Have you ever had an experience like that? It's never really forgotten. Sometimes I wish I could play the piano just so I could do that, you know, so I could wake up at odd hours and play Beethoven to my heart's content. God, I love the sound of Beethoven on the piano...its achingly beautiful.

I've found that the weather is very, very chilly at two in the morning. Since coming back from college, I haven't been able to re-adjust to anything yet -- not my sleep tendencies, not my self-control when drinking, not my penchant for off-limit things. I need a vacation from my vacation. Laura, pull out the couch...as soon as I start work and get some cash, I'm coming for a visit. And no, I haven't been able to assert my willpower...I had another significant relapse today. Should I just tattoo "Moron" on my forehead?

There's a cat sitting on my lap, and I really should get up to go read some more of than Vonnegut book. I'm too lazy to move though, I think. I could possibly slither over to the TV and play some 'Chaos Legion,' but even that would be a stretch. I haven't been home all fucking day (hallelujah for joy-rides and free Happy Meals) but already I want to leave again. And for some reason, I'm reverting to girly-ness lately. Yeah. Wore a skirt twice in the last two weeks, getting my hair cut on Wednesday into something infinitely more girly than the spikey thing I did in high school, finding myself harboring the thought of changing my hair color -- and actually caring about the end result. Oh GOD, I need help. Maybe I'll sit around and be slobbish all by myself for the rest of the week.

I have the house to myself until the weekend, by the way. If anyone wants to hold their nose and journey to this po-dunk town...by all means...please. Pleeeeeease.

So, I'm done rambling. I may do that slithering away thing now...towards the TV. Behave yourselves, children.

1 Comments:

Blogger ..from the Desk of the Informers. said...

Slobbish by yourself? Don't you wish.. Hehe.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home