Wednesday, September 14, 2005

things

Last-time conversations echo, and they hurt. Little voice inflections like withering passion in the eyes reverberate -- then die. "Why can't you learn to be happy? When is this going to be enough?" echoes, and it hurts. Tears-to-no-avail make pillowcases useless -- then, sleep-ended, die. Fading jazz in the library-room echoes, and it breaks something off. On the inside. Like the acrimonious letter-puzzles she brought upon herself.

It hurts.

Haven't you learned a lesson yet? There are things dying inside you, girl.

I thought love conquered all. A blithe and fallacious thing, that phrase. "In three days a heart can..." Why wasn't it enough to save the greatest and most dearest thing? Why wasn't it enough to keep me in those arms and in that place? Why was I forgiven when pain still lurked beneath your smell-good surface? Why do I still freeze at the sound of "cast the calming apple?" Be careful, girl. Be stoic, girl. Be silent, girl. There are things dying inside you, girl.

If I could have made you love me more...

Stop that sentence. Here's the thing: ting-a-ling.

Three down on the burn + peel...questions cover us all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Why can't you learn to be happy? When is this going to be enough?"

The same sentenes run throw my mind as well.

The demons in my head, the landmines laid by past badness and fear across my mental country side, all make me unable to be at peace.

Time, and the changeing of mental pit falls (examples to be given at some latter, hopefuly appropert time) is the way I try to work at things. Also...

"Let it be
let it be
there will be an answer let it be."

Matt

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know how you feel, in respect to the pain... (mentally hugs you till you feel better) you are a very good poet, i like alot (all) of your stuff. if you need a friend, well, you got me, ok?
write me if you wanna talk (sorry it took so long to post a comment)
nerdlinger_31@hotmail.com

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and me, meant to be..
Immutable, Impossible.. It's destiny.
Pure lunacy, Incalculable, Insufferable..
But for the last time..
You're everything that I want and ask for, you're all that I'd dreamed.
Who wouldn't be the one you love?
Who wouldn't stand inside your love?
Protected and the lover of a pure soul and beautiful you.
Don't understand, don't feel me now. I will breathe for the both of us.. Travel the world, traverse the skies. Your home is here within my heart.. And for the first time I feel as though I am reborn..
In my mind, recast as child and mystic sage.
Who wouldn't be the one you love?
Who wouldn't stand inside your love?
And for the first time..

I'm telling you how much I need and bleed for your every move and waking sound..

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home